Kill CoolWebSearch fast and easy.Article published on December, 2004.
CoolWebSearch installs bookmarks to fake adult sites on your desktop, it also adds a toolbar to Internet Explorer and changes your home page without asking. It slows down the performance of your PC, and introduces some modifications which cause Windows to freeze, crash or randomly reboot.
1. Redirections to CoolWebSearch related pages.
2. Redirections when mistyping URLs.
3. Redirections when visiting Google.
4. Enermous Internet Explorer slowdowns when typing.
5. Internet Explorer startpage or searchpage changing after reboot.
6. Sites in Internet Explorer trusted zone you did not add.
7. Popups in Google and Yahoo.
8. Errors at startup mentioning WIN.INI or IEDLL.EXE
9. Unable to access anti-spyware tools or sites.
Even if you are using Ad-Aware or SpyBot, some modifications of CoolWebSearch may still live in your computer.
However there is great tool that is made to fight against CoolWebSearch. It is CWShredder v1.59.1 - 128 KB software made by Dutch student Merijn.
Download CWShredder v1.59.1. Just click "Fix" and CoolWebSearch is gone:
Support us and join
our new forum. Help us to create community!