Adware, worms, viruses
Windows tips & tricks
Add Windows version info on your Desktop.Article published on February, 2005.
It is possible to show Windows version information on Desktop ever since Windows 95. In this guide i'll show you how to do it in Windows XP:
2. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> Desktop:
3. We should find value named "PaintDesktopVersion". If there is no such "PaintDesktopVersion", then you must create it. To create it, do right-click on empty space in the right pane and select New -> DWORD Value:
4. Set name to: PaintDesktopVersion. Select it and click right mouse button to choose "Modify":
5. Set "Value data" to 1 and click OK:
6. Close Registry Editor. Restart Windows XP. Take a look at bottom-right corner of your Desktop to see result:
Support us and join our new forum. Help us to create community!