Remove sspMydoom.cih spyware in 7 steps.Article published on February, 2005.
sspMydoom.cih is Windows spyware (HomeSearch trojan) that changes IE startup page and is trying to access computer by the port 245. To remove it, follow this step by step guide:
1. Download and install latest version of SpySweeper and stand-alone version of CWShredder. Download AboutBuster. AboutBuster is designed to remove the HomeSearch Assistant parasite. Download and install latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal. Download SpyBot.
2. Disable System Restore if you are using Windows XP or Windows Me. Reboot in safe mode (hit F8 key at startup).
3. Save this file: DelO15Domains.inf to your hard drive. This file deletes all entries in the restricted & trusted zone list. Select it, click right mouse button and select "Install". You may delete it afterwards.
4. Select Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options and enable "Show hidden files and folders".
5. Delete files:
Delete all files in (don't delete folders!):
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile\Local Settings\Temp\
C:\Documents and Settings\All other users Profile\Local Settings\Temp\
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
C:\Documents and Settings\All other users Profile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Empty your "Recycle Bin".
6. Download Hoster and delete all untrusted records from your hosts file. Make full scan with: CWShreder, AboutBuster, SpyBot, SpySweeper and AdAware (full system scan and after that scan volume for ADS).
7. Reboot to normal mode. There are still possibility that your computer is infected, however all these actions have cleaned most part or all junkware. If you experience any more problems, your computer also may be infected by other spyware or adware, or virus.
Support us and join
our new forum. Help us to create community!