SEO guide: search engine optimization.Article published on February, 2005.
1. Use few effective, targeted and accurate meta keywords. Don't overdo: it's quality that matters.
2. Link back to major search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista etc. They need quality traffic too. Backlink can give your site better position in search results.
3. If you are going to add invisible keywords to webpage then don't use same color as background color. For example do not use black fonts over black background as invisible keywords. Google knows these tricks very well. Solution: put black background image or write text in color that is extremely close to black color.
4. Don't use all the top keywords mixed up in one html document. You must keep to one specific niche. For example do not use "mp3 divx hobbit tweenie gold xxx paypal" - this kind of keywords will only mislead search engines and web users.
5. Make sure that all your web pages are linked to each other. Create something like "inner network of web pages". This will help you to improve your overall Google PageRank.
6. Use h1, h2... for title and include content into p tags. Keep your source simple, clean and W3C valid (if possible). Search bots love clean source and layout.
7. Submit your site to Googe Directory and any other directories and linklists that you can find. Put your site in signature if you are member of some forum. Sign guestbooks and don't forget to mention your website but don't become a spamer! If you are going to spam, you will get banned and you will earn bad reputation lightning-fast!
8. Keep URLs as short as possible. Nobody (users, Google, anyone) likes very long and hard to memorable URLs.
Support us and join
our new forum. Help us to create community!