How to clean KaZaa spyware and adware?Article published on December, 2004.
Parasite software will be installed along with your original KaZaa software. These adware and spyware programs will download advertising when you visit a new website, create popups, collect information about you to report it to certain shopping related websites.
First of all you need to uninstall KaZaa. Use add/remove programs in your Windows control panel. Just uninstalling KaZaa woun't set you free from all junksoft. You must clean registry too:
1. Select start -> run. Write "regedit".
2. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Run. Delete key called ClickThisButton.
3. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> CTB_BrandedClient. Delete all keys that begin with "CtbClient, CtbSession, CtbShopper or CtbXML".
4. Delete CTB3_Shared from the Windows folder.
5. Delete CTBHooks.dll from the system or system32 folder.
Now you have clean computer but also no KaZaa to use. You should think about KaZaa Lite (It's same KaZaa but with no spyware or adware) or other p2p filesharing software like eMule or Direct Connect.
Support us and join
our new forum. Help us to create community!